Just like in the past days, Defendant is the drama to beat last week, but beating it is really impossible now that it already passed the 25 % mark. Its odd episode posted 25.6 %, and although the even episode rating is lower at 25.4 %, it is still remarkable. The drama which achieved similarly impressive ratings around this time in 2016 was KBS’s Descendants of the Sun. SBS is taking the lead this March, while MBC is doing better now when compared to the same period last year.
Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People stayed within the 10-11 % range, with its odd episode garnering 10.6 % in ratings and even episode registering a slight drop to 10.4 %. Perfect Wife, on the other hand, received its lowest to date at 3.5 % but managed to gain 1.2 percentage points (pp) to get 4.7 % for its even episode. Over at tvN, Introverted Boss ended its run with 1.6 and 1.8 % for its last two episodes. All the episode ratings of the drama average out to 1.87 %, a disappointment based on tvN’s record last year. The network seems to be losing a lot of drama viewers these days.
Chief Kim is still ahead of its rivals on the Wednesday-Thursday time slot. It achieved again its all-time high ratings of 18.4 % for its odd episode but this figure dropped to 17.1 % in the even episode. It still has four episodes left, so the drama breaking through 20 % this Wednesday or next week remains possible. On MBC, the workplace drama and romantic comedy Radiant Office posted 3.8 % for its premiere, a number that barely improved in the second episode. But it’s hard to say at this point in time if it’s following the tragic fate of the missing nine in Missing Nine. We will find out this week if it could attract more audience and enjoy higher ratings. Saimdang, Light’s Diary, meanwhile is still doing fine with its 10.4 and 10.2 % for its odd and even episode, respectively, although these numbers are generally lower than the ratings of its previous two episodes.
For the Friday and Saturday time slot, Strong Woman Do Bong Soon got a sudden drop in its ratings to 6.8 % for its odd episode. Fortunately it gained a 2.769 pp increase to finish the week with 9.603 %, its highest nationwide rating so far. It even already passed the 10 % mark in the Seoul area. In contrast, Tomorrow With You is struggling to keep its ratings above 1 %. It managed to gain 0.072 pp and increased its ratings from 1.022 to 1.094 %. These numbers may significantly increase this week during its finale.
There is no important changes in last week’s ranking, with Defendant, Chief Kim, Saimdang, and Rebel still occupying the top four places. Perfect Wife was able to move one position up, but that’s only because Radiant Office didn’t had a successful start. For the cable ranking, Strong Woman is still no. 1.
Due to some problems, we suspended the use of ratings charts for this week’s post. The colored charts will resume next week.
- Average ratings: 4.5 %
- Highest rating: 5.1 % (episode 3)
- Lowest rating: 3.5% (episode 5)
- Average change in percentage points: + 0.16 %
Rebel:Thief Who Stole the People
- Average ratings: 10.9 %
- Highest rating: 12.5 % (episode 10)
- Lowest rating: 8.9 % (episode 1)
- Average change in percentage points: + 0.12 %
- Average ratings: 20.9 %
- Highest rating: 25.6 % (episode 15)
- Lowest rating: 14.5 % (episode 1)
- Average change in percentage points: + 0.73 %
- Average ratings: 1.871 %
- Highest rating: 3.046 % (episode 2)
- Lowest rating: 1.260 % (episode 6)
- Average change in percentage points: – 0.077 %
- Average ratings: 15.5 %
- Highest rating: 18.4 % (episodes 11, 12 & 15)
- Lowest rating: 7.2 % (episode 2)
- Average change in percentage points: + 0.62 %
- Average ratings: 3.9 %
- Highest rating: 3.9 % (episode 2)
- Lowest rating: 3.8 % (episode 1)
- Average change in percentage points: + 0.1 %
Saimdang, Light’s Diary
- Average ratings: 11.3 %
- Highest rating: 16.3 % (episode 1)
- Lowest rating: 9.6 % (episode 11)
- Average change in percentage points: – 0.40 % (biggest loser)
Tomorrow With You
- Average ratings: 1.647 %
- Highest rating: 3.178 % (episode 1)
- Lowest rating: 0.868 % (episode 11)
- Average change in percentage points: – 0.16 %
Strong Woman Do Bong Soon
- Average ratings: 6.629 %
- Highest rating: 9.603 (episode 8)
- Lowest rating: 3.829 % (episode 1)
- Average change in percentage points: + 0.825 % (biggest gainer)