We get to see some changes that happened last week, particularly in the Monday-Tuesday time slot at which Whisper is airing following the highly successful SBS drama Defendant. Whisper is off to a good start with its first episode rating of 13.9 % but this value dropped by 0.5 percentage point (pp) in the second episode. This negative change in ratings suggests that it failed to attract more audience in the second episode. If it could stay on that downward track or recover this week remains to be seen.
Both Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People and Perfect Wife benefited from the absence of Defendant in the competition. Rebel‘s 17th episode posted a 13.8 % rating, which is 5 pp higher than its 16th episode’s 8.8 %. It managed to gain a little more in its even episode to end the week at 13.9 %. Perfect Wife, meanwhile, jumped from its 8th episode rating of 4.4 % to its 9th episode rating of 6.4 %. However, it was unable to keep this momentum as its 10th episode rating dropped to 6.1 %. All these positive developments could be undone completely if Whisper gains more viewers this week.
Over at tvN, The Liar and His Lover started the week with an all-time low rating of 1.27 % but recovered quickly during its even episode. It will be seen this week if it can finally get past the 2% mark which tvN could hardly achieve lately with its recent dramas.
For the Wednesday-Thursday schedule, Chief Kim ended its 20-episode run without surpassing 20 %. It missed its chance in achieving such a record during its sixth and eighth week when its 11th and 15th episode pulled off a highly impressive 18.4 %. Its 19th episode obtained 16.9 %, a value that increased by 0.3 pp during its finale. Meanwhile, Radiant Office was able to pull off a 0.6 pp in its even episode to finally break through the 6% mark. We can see from its ratings chart (see below) that it is on an upward trend since episode 3.
As Radiant Office continues to rise, Saimdang Light’s Diary suffers more with its odd episode recording an all-time low of 9.0 %. Unless Mystery Queen premieres with very high ratings, we expect these values to likely increase this week as a result of Chief Kim‘s exit from the Wed-Thu drama lineup.
In cable networks, Strong Woman Do Bong Soon maintains its high ratings, although it started the week again with a rating lower than that of previous week’s last episode. Just like in the past weeks, its even episode ended with a higher rating at 8.48 %. Over at OCN, Tunnel easily achieved 4.23 % in its odd episode but lost 0.67 percentage in the following episode. That change is actually big enough for it to lose more viewers in the coming episodes. But it may completely do just fine in the coming weeks, like its predecessor Voice which also achieved an impressive rating in its third episode only to be followed by a significant drop in the fourth.
With Defendant now out of the picture, we now see Chief Kim on top of the ranking and Whisper following it closely. A significant change in the ranking can be seen in the next two spots wherein Rebel and Saimdang switched places. However, as the difference in their average ratings is narrow, their positions are by no means stable for now.
For the cable dramas, Strong Woman still leads the list and is most likely to remain no. 1 throughout its run.
- Average ratings: 4.7 %
- Highest rating: 6.4 % (episode 9)
- Lowest rating: 3.5% (episodes 5 & 7)
- Average change in percentage points: + 0.24 %
Rebel:Thief Who Stole the People
- Average ratings: 11.0 %
- Highest rating: 13.9 % (episode 18)
- Lowest rating: 8.8 % (episode 16)
- Average change in percentage points: + 0.29 %
- Average ratings: 13.7 %
- Highest rating: 13.9 % (episode 1)
- Lowest rating: 13.4 % (episode 2)
- Average change in percentage points: – 0.50 % (biggest loser)
The Liar and His Lover
- Average ratings: 1.514 %
- Highest rating: 1.839 % (episode 4)
- Lowest rating: 1.267 % (episode 3)
- Average change in percentage points: + 0.502 %
- Average ratings: 15.9 %
- Highest rating: 18.4 % (episodes 11, 12 & 15)
- Lowest rating: 7.2 % (episode 2)
- Average change in percentage points: + 0.49 %
- Average ratings: 4.6 %
- Highest rating: 6.0 % (episode 6)
- Lowest rating: 3.8 % (episodes 1 and 2)
- Average change in percentage points: + 0.44 %
Saimdang, Light’s Diary
- Average ratings: 10.9 %
- Highest rating: 16.3 % (episode 1)
- Lowest rating: 9.0 % (episode 19)
- Average change in percentage points: – 0.37 %
Strong Woman Do Bong Soon
- Average ratings: 7.463 %
- Highest rating: 9.668 % (episode 10)
- Lowest rating: 3.829 % (episode 1)
- Average change in percentage points: + 0.423 % (biggest gainer)
- Average ratings: 3.419 %
- Highest rating: 4.228 % (episode 3)
- Lowest rating: 2.760 % (episode 1)
- Average change in percentage points: + 0.265 %