Among the six dramas that premiered last week, The Beauty Inside recorded the smallest nationwide viewership rating, putting itself at the bottom of the ranking of dramas in terms of nationwide audience share. In terms of the buzz generated by a series over the past week, however, the said drama is on top of the ranking.
The Good Data Corporation recently revealed the ranking of the most buzzworthy Korean dramas from October 1 to 7. The ranking is based on the study of 30 dramas by analyzing netizen responses and reactions through online news, blogs, communities, videos, and social media posts. At the top of this ranking is JTBC’s The Beauty Inside, which garnered 13.22 percent. It is followed by tvN’s 100 Days My Prince and SBS’s Where Stars Land which obtained a percentage score of 12.99 and 8.12 percent, respectively. The top 3 dramas air on the Monday-Tuesday time slot.
The complete ranking is given below. All six dramas that premiered over the last week made it to the top 10, including the weekend series Ms. Ma, Nemesis.
- JTBC’s The Beauty Inside (13.22 percent)
- tvN’s 100 Days My Prince (12.99 percent)
- SBS’s Where Stars Land (8.12 percent)
- OCN’s The Guest (7.77 percent)
- tvN’s The Smile Has Left Your Eyes (7.35 percent)
- tvN’s Room No. 9 (6.70 percent)
- MBC’s Terius Behind Me (5.90 percent)
- JTBC’s The Third Charm (4.22 percent)
- MBC’s Bad Papa (3.84 percent)
- SBS’s Ms. Ma, Nemesis (3.47 percent)
The Good Data Corporation also revealed the ranking of the most buzzworthy drama cast members during the same period. The leads of The Beauty Inside topped the ranking, followed by the leads of 100 Days My Prince. The top 10 buzzworthy cast members are as follows:
- Seo Hyun-jin — The Beauty Inside
- Lee Min-ki — The Beauty Inside
- D.O. — 100 Days My Prince
- Nam Ji-hyun — 100 Days My Prince
- Seo In-guk — The Smile Has Left Your Eyes
- Kim Hee-sun — Room No. 9
- Kim Hae-sook — Room No. 9
- Jung So-min — The Smile Has Left Your Eyes
- Lee Je-hoon — Where Stars Land
- Chae Soo-bin — Where Stars Land