Our top dramas today both have serious stories to tell. And if you haven’t had the time to watch these shows yet, maybe you can reconsider giving these two the chance to showcase what they’ve got. After all, Remember and The K2 ranked 6th in the list of highest rated dramas of 2016.
Free-to-Air TV Top 6: Remember (15.00 %)
We were pretty surprised to see Remember on top 6, not because we thought its ratings are not high, but because we tend to forget that it’s included in 2016 ranking. It is inevitable considering that Remember premiered in December 2015, so we had to remind ourselves again and again that 14 out of its 20 episodes were aired in January and February of 2016 and thus it’s a 2016 drama according to our rules. It started its run with 7.2% and its ratings soared rapidly in the following episodes until it more than doubled its pilot rating for the 7th episode. The ratings of the remaining 13 episodes generally stayed higher than 15%, with its final episode recording a strong 20.3%. This legal drama was actually depressing to watch, but perhaps the gloomy theme of this show is what made the viewers sympathize with the main character and watch him fight against injustice till episode 20. Remember is the comeback project of lead actor Yeo Seung-ho in small screen after his military service.
Director: Lee Chang-min Writer: Yoon Hyun-ho Main Cast: Yeo Seung-ho, Park Sung-woong & Park Min-young Broadcast Period: December 9, 2015 – February 18, 2016 (Wed-Thu) Time-slot Rivals: The Merchant: Gaekju 2015, Sweet Savage Family & One More Happy Ending
Cable TV Top 6: The K2 (4.86 %)
Ji Chang-wook came back in Korean screen with an action-packed drama The K2. That’s after he finished his Chinese series for Hunan TV that aired from July to September last year. It’s good to see him again kicking in this drama as he proved to be a good action star in his 2014 project Healer. K2 got off to a good start with over 3% until it reached a peak rating of 6.64% for its 6th episode. The ratings dropped then but remained within the 4-6% range, which is still a good audience share in cable TV.
Director: Kwak Jung-hwan Writer: Jang Hyuk-rin Main Cast: Ji Chang-wook, Song Yoon-ah, Im Yoon-ah, & Jo Song-ha Broadcast Period: September 23 – November 12, 2016 (Fri-Sat) Time-slot Rivals: Fantastic & My Wife’s Having An Affair This Week
To see all the list of rankings on one page, go to the Korean Drama Rankings 2016.
(Dramatop: Korean Drama Rankings 2016 is a Kdramapal post series that ranks kdramas based on their nationwide average viewership ratings from Nielsen Korea. It includes in its ranking only prime time dramas that air from Monday to Saturday. We ensure the accuracy of our ranking result by collecting data directly from Nielsen Korea’s website and other reliable sources. If you have feedback or questions regarding the rankings and this post series in general, you can send them to [email protected], message us via Facebook, or comment on the post below.)
- Dramatop Introduction: 50 kdramas included in 2016 ranking
- Monster, 38 Task Force join the top 10 dramas of 2016
- Jealousy Incarnate, Let’s Fight Ghost ranks 9th among 2016 dramas
- W, Drinking Solo rank 8th among 2016 dramas
- Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho, The Good Wife occupy 7th place
- Remember, The K2 place 6th in top dramas of 2016
- Legend of the Blue Sea, Dear My Friends rank 5th among 2016 dramas
- Moonlight Drawn by Clouds, Cheese in the Trap secure status as 4th highest rated drama in 2016
- Doctors, Oh Hae Young Again rank third among 2016 kdramas
- Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim, Signal hold record as 2nd highest rated drama in 2016
- Descendants of the Sun, Goblin achieve highest TV ratings among kdramas in 2016
- 5 highest-rated KBS dramas in 2016
- 5 highest-rated MBC dramas in 2016
- 5 highest-rated SBS dramas in 2016
- 5 highest-rated Mon-Tue dramas in 2016
- 5 highest-rated Wed-Thu dramas in 2016
- 5 highest-rated Fri-Sat dramas in 2016
- Legend of the Blue Sea, Goblin top drama ranking based on first episode ratings
- Descendants of the Sun, Goblin top drama ranking based on final episode ratings
- Descendants of the Sun, Goblin still no. 1 in drama ranking based on peak ratings
- Complete ranking of Korean dramas in 2016 based on viewer ratings