Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food ended last week with impressive viewership ratings, and so did My Ajusshi which achieved more than decent numbers despite the controversies that hounded it halfway through the show. Meanwhile, A Poem A Day is now the lowest-rated drama of 2018.
Date Network Drama Episode No. (/total) Rating
May 20 KBS2 Marry Me Now? 20/50 29.1
May 20 MBC Rich Family's Son 33/50 to be updated
May 20 MBC Rich Family's Son 34/50 8.4
May 20 MBC Rich Family's Son 35/50 8.5
May 20 MBC Rich Family's Son 36/50 8.7
May 20 OCN Mistress 8/16 to be updated
May 20 tvN Lawless Lawyer 4/16 6.132
May 19 JTBC Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food 16/16 6.787
May 19 KBS2 Marry Me Now? 19/50 24.1
May 19 MBC My Husband Oh Jak Doo 23/24 7.7
May 19 MBC My Husband Oh Jak Doo 24/24 11.7
May 19 OCN Mistress 7/16 to be updated
May 19 SBS Secret Mother 5/40 4.6
May 19 SBS Secret Mother 6/40 5.7
May 19 SBS Secret Mother 7/40 6.2
May 19 SBS Secret Mother 8/40 6.6
May 19 tvN Lawless Lawyer 3/16 5.029
May 18 JTBC Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food 15/16 5.883
May 17 KBS2 Suits 8/16 7.4
May 17 MBC Come and Hug Me 3/16 3.8
May 17 MBC Come and Hug Me 4/16 4.4
May 17 SBS Switch 31/32 6.7
May 17 SBS Switch 32/32 7.0
May 17 tvN My Ahjussi 16/16 7.352
May 16 KBS2 Suits 7/16 8.8
May 16 MBC Come and Hug Me 1/16 3.1
May 16 MBC Come and Hug Me 2/16 3.9
May 16 SBS Switch 29/32 5.1
May 16 SBS Switch 30/32 5.6
May 16 tvN My Ahjussi 15/16 5.819
May 15 KBS2 The Miracle We Met 14/16 10.9
May 15 MBC Investigation Couple 3/32 4.7
May 15 MBC Investigation Couple 4/32 6.5
May 15 SBS Greasy Melo 7/40 5.1
May 15 SBS Greasy Melo 8/40 6.8
May 15 tvN A Poem A Day 16/16 0.820
May 14 KBS2 The Miracle We Met 13/16 10.8
May 14 MBC Investigation Couple 1/32 4.5
May 14 MBC Investigation Couple 2/32 4.9
May 14 SBS Greasy Melo 5/40 5.4
May 14 SBS Greasy Melo 6/40 5.8
May 14 tvN A Poem A Day 15/16 0.925
Korean Drama Ratings: Highlights
1. The Miracle We Met maintains double-digit viewership amid premieres of 2 new rivals. KBS2’s The Miracle We Met easily achieved 10.8 and 10.9 percent viewership despite the addition of two new dramas to the Mon-Tue time slot. The average rating of the drama as of last week is 10.7 percent while that of MBC’s Investigation Couple and SBS’s Greasy Melo stand at 5.3 and 5.7 percent, respectively. The Miracle We Met nearly doubled its rivals’ records, but can it sustain its own? Both its rivals recorded a significant increase during the last episode last week, so The Miracle We Met may suffer a decrease this week.
2. Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food records average rating of 5 %. It’s 5.380 percent to be exact, making Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food (also known as Something In The Rain) one of the highest-rated cable dramas (Misty, Live, and My Ajusshi) so far this year. The series posted a peak nationwide rating of 7.281 percent.
3. My Ajusshi finishes run with 8 % viewership. Although hounded by controversy concerning the age gap of the lead actors, My Ajusshi achieved high viewership and aired its finale with nationwide and Seoul peak ratings of 7.352 and 8.170 percent, respectively. The series is actually a human story, not a love story, about people who are enduring the burden of their lives and helping each other. It earned a lot of love from viewers for its story and directing, which is handled by PD Kim Won-suk of Signal and Misaeng.
4. Lawless Lawyer renews highest rating. This drama achieved a 5-percent viewership right off the bat and surpassed 6 percent the next day. That is an amazing record and now it just renewed its peak rating, pulling in a whopping 6.132 percent and topping last week’s ranking of cable shows. As far as TV ratings are concerned, Lawless Lawyer is better than Something In The Rain and My Ajusshi.
5. Suits continues to decline in viewership. Suits nearly achieved a double-digit viewership on its second week with a 9.7 percent rating but since then the numbers have dropped. The latest episode recorded its lowest rating so far, at 7.4 percent, which it also recorded on its premiere week. This figure may increase next week if its newest rival (The Undateables starring Namgoong Min) doesn’t get in the way.
6. A Poem A Day ends up becoming lowest-rated drama so far in 2018. 11 out of its 16 episodes recorded below-one-percent viewership, making the final average ratings equal to 1.010 %. At least the average didn’t go below this number. The drama has actually an interesting story about medical professionals (not the usual doctors starring in medical series) so perhaps the low viewership is a result of viewers not liking the cast.