Last week saw SBS’s Falsify ending with an impressive double-digit rating, making Namgoong Min’s second drama this year a success just like Chief Kim. Meanwhile, the nostalgic throwback series Lingerie Girls’ Generation had its premiere. Its first episode recorded a modest 4.3 % but the second surprisingly improved to 4.8 %, giving KBS hope that it will be able to recover from the low-digit viewership of School 2017 and somehow neutralize the embarrassing performance of Manhole.Korean Drama Rating from September 11-17, 2017. All rating values are based on nationwide viewership data from Nielsen Korea.
|Date||Network||Drama||Episode No. (/total)||Rating|
|Sep 11||KBS||Lingerie Girls' Generation||1/8||4.3|
|Sep 11||MBC||The King Loves||33/40||5.8|
|Sep 11||MBC||The King Loves||34/40||6.4|
|Sep 12||KBS||Lingerie Girls' Generation||2/8||4.8|
|Sep 12||MBC||The King Loves||35/40||6.6|
|Sep 12||MBC||The King Loves||36/40||7.2|
|Sep 13||KBS||Manhole: Feel So Good||11/16||2.1|
|Sep 13||MBC||Hospital Ship||9/32||9.8|
|Sep 13||MBC||Hospital Ship||10/32||12.0|
|Sep 13||SBS||Reunited Worlds||33/40||4.5|
|Sep 13||SBS||Reunited Worlds||34/40||5.8|
|Sep 13||tvN||Criminal Minds||15/20||2.119|
|Sep 14||KBS||Manhole: Feel So Good||12/16||1.9|
|Sep 14||MBC||Hospital Ship||11/32||11.0|
|Sep 14||MBC||Hospital Ship||12/32||12.9|
|Sep 14||SBS||Reunited Worlds||35/40||5.3|
|Sep 14||SBS||Reunited Worlds||36/40||6.1|
|Sep 14||tvN||Criminal Minds||16/20||2.482|
|Sep 15||KBS||Strongest Deliveryman||13/16||5.4|
|Sep 15||JTBC||Age of Youth 2||7/12||2.839|
|Sep 16||KBS||Strongest Deliveryman||14/16||6.7|
|Sep 16||JTBC||Age of Youth 2||8/12||3.099|
|Sep 16||OCN||Save Me||13/16||2.549|
|Sep 16||tvN||Live Up To Your Name||11/16||5.889|
|Sep 17||OCN||Save Me||14/16||3.001|
|Sep 17||tvN||Live Up To Your Name||12/16||6.164|
Korean Drama Rating Highlights
1. Falsify finishes off broadcast with 12.4 %. This SBS drama recorded 27 double-digit ratings out of its 32 total episodes, resulting in an average of 11.1 %. This record is way higher than My Sassy Girl‘s 8.8 % and beats Fight For My Way‘s 10.9 %.
3. Age of Youth 2 breaks through 3 %. JTBC’s sequel of last year’s coming-of-age drama has become more successful than the first season as far as ratings are concerned, renewing its all-time high record recently and even topping the list of most buzzworthy dramas in its first three weeks of broadcast. The numbers it was pulling off may not be as high as its predecessors’ records but the fact that a follow-up season surpasses the success of the original series is enough to make the executives at JTBC proud.
4. Save Me achieves 3 % again. The religious cult thriller over at OCN also pulled off an impressive 3 % last week. It means the base of viewers following it have never lost their interest in the drama’s story.
5. Lingerie Girls’ Generation sees promising improvement on second episode. The newest teen drama from KBS did not start impressively with its 4.3 % rating but this number increased by 0.5 percentage point the following day to 4.8 %. This implies that viewers become interested in the drama and we can expect the numbers to go up this week. It’s actually too early to say anything about its future performance but it is not impossible for the series to surpass 5 % tonight or tomorrow.
6. Argon drops to its lowest rating yet. TvN’s own journalism-themed drama seems not getting the attention of viewers as it recorded its lowest rating of 2.411 % last week.
7. Manhole: Feel So Good still suffering from poor ratings. For the last five weeks, KBS’s ongoing time travel series has been hovering around 2 %. It has no way to pull off some decent numbers against the hit Hospital Ship, which is why it posted 1.9 % last week, its third rating that is lower than 2 %.
This ranking of ongoing dramas is based on the average nationwide ratings of the dramas’ episodes that aired until September 17, 2017.
Free-to-Air Dramas (dramas from KBS, MBC, and SBS)
- Hospital Ship – 11.2 %
- Falsify – 11.1 %
- The King Loves – 6.6 %
- Reunited Worlds – 6.5 %
- Strongest Deliveryman – 5.8 %
- Lingerie Girls’ Generation – 4.6 %
- Manhole: Feel So Good – 2.1 %
Cable Dramas (dramas from JTBC, OCN, and tvN)
- Live Up To Your Name – 5.304 %
- Criminal Minds – 2.795 %
- Argon – 2.592 %
- Age of Youth 2 – 2.466 %
- Save Me – 2.255 %
*The use of the charts above for whatever purpose is allowed provided that the content using the charts links back to this post or to www.kdramapal.com.
Suggested Content: The Last Batch of Korean Drama Premieres in 2017