In the absence of an MBC drama on the Wed-Thu slot, Avengers Social Club emerged victorious last week by drawing a significant portion of Hospital Ship‘s audience that led to a remarkable increase in ratings to 6.1 %. Mad Dog also benefited from that change but While You Were Sleeping did not as its ratings barely improved from the previous week. Meanwhile, two Mon-Tue rom-com dramas suffered from their lowest ratings.
Date Network Drama Episode No. (/total) Rating
Nov 6 KBS2 Witch's Court 9/16 10.1
Nov 6 MBC 20th Century Boy and Girl 17/32 2.5
Nov 6 MBC 20th Century Boy and Girl 18/32 2.7
Nov 6 SBS Temperature of Love 27/32 5.7
Nov 6 SBS Temperature of Love 28/32 6.9
Nov 6 tvN Because This Is My First Life 9/16 3.652
Nov 7 KBS2 Witch's Court 10/16 11.4
Nov 7 MBC 20th Century Boy and Girl 19/32 2.9
Nov 7 MBC 20th Century Boy and Girl 20/32 2.8
Nov 7 SBS Temperature of Love 29/32 6.1
Nov 7 SBS Temperature of Love 30/32 7.2
Nov 7 tvN Because This Is My First Life 10/16 4.197
Nov 8 KBS2 Mad Dog 9/16 7.1
Nov 8 SBS While You Were Sleeping 25/32 6.8
Nov 8 SBS While You Were Sleeping 26/32 8.6
Nov 8 tvN Avengers Social Club 9/12 6.021
Nov 9 KBS2 Mad Dog 10/16 6.8
Nov 9 SBS While You Were Sleeping 27/32 7.7
Nov 9 SBS While You Were Sleeping 28/32 9.6
Nov 9 tvN Avengers Social Club 10/12 6.126
Nov 10 JTBC The Package 9/12 1.580
Nov 10 KBS2 Go Back Couple 9/16 6.5
Nov 11 JTBC The Package 10/12 1.955
Nov 11 KBS2 Go Back Couple 10/16 6.0
Nov 11 OCN Black 9/16 2.966
Nov 11 tvN Revolutionary Love 9/16 2.792
Nov 12 OCN Black 10/16 3.409
Nov 12 tvN Revolutionary Love 10/16 2.637
Korean Drama Rating Highlights
1. Avengers Social Club breaks through 6 %. The series set a new peak rating of 6.126 %, an achievement that can be attributed partly to the absence of an MBC drama in the competition. Its average now stands at 5.0 % so it has already become the second tvN series this year (after Live Up To Your Name) with a similar record. This number is really a big deal for a cable show, so tvN must be celebrating.
2. Because This Is My First Life surpasses 4 %. This tvN rom-com has recorded even higher ratings in the second half of its 8-week broadcast compared to the previous 4 weeks. Its 10th episode on Tuesday achieved a new peak rating of 4.197 %. It seems like the Korean audience has found something in this show that kept them interested. Many international fans are also following the drama, as proven in part by the high number of comments on its discussion thread at r/KDRAMA.
3. Mad Dog renews highest rating. This crime thriller made a new record last week amid the absence of Hospital Ship on MBC. It pulled off its highest-rated broadcast (at 7.1 %) and beat its previous record by 0.2 percentage point.
4. Witch’s Court back on track with double-digit ratings. After dropping to 7 % in the previous week, this legal drama has again achieved impressive double-digit viewership ratings of 10.1 % and 11.4 %, beating rivals Temperature of Love and 20th Century Boy and Girl which both recorded their lowest rating to date last Monday night.
5. Temperature of Love, 20th Century Boy and Girl hit lowest rating. The first Monday episode of Temperature of Love dropped to 5.7 % which is lower than the previous record of 6.5 % while that of 20th Century Boy and Girl pulled in a measly 2.5 %, 0.3 percentage point lower than the previous record. These numbers are way smaller than Witch’s Court‘s 10.1 %.
This ranking of ongoing dramas is based on the average nationwide ratings of the dramas’ episodes that aired until November 12, 2017.
Free-to-Air Dramas (dramas from KBS, MBC, and SBS)
- Witch’s Court – 9.7 %
- Temperature of Love – 8.5 %
- While You Were Sleeping – 8.2 %
- Mad Dog – 6.0 %
- Go Back Couple – 5.7 %
- 20th Century Boy and Girl – 3.3 %
Cable Dramas (dramas from JTBC, OCN, and tvN)
- Avengers Social Club – 5.008 %
- Black – 3.545 %
- Because This Is My First Life – 3.206 %
- Revolutionary Love – 3.002 %
- The Package – 1.800 %
*The use of the charts above for whatever purpose is allowed provided that the content using the charts links back to this post or to www.kdramapal.com.