Forum

Blurred Lines: Enraptured by Fantasy & History  

RSS

Sam M.
(@sacred_inferno)
New Member Registered
October 12, 2017 7:18 am  

Hey everyone,

I'm a sci-fi/fantasy and historical fiction writer with over a decade and a half of creative writing experience. I've recently taken interest in the Sageuk genre of Korean dramas due to their fascinating fusion of fiction and political history.

This is an excerpt from my essay:

"After delving into the world of Korean dramas, I began to write historical science fiction, incorporating ancient Korean society and, specifically the Goryeo Dynasty, into a delicately woven plot that allows its characters to shine. Not only have Korean dramas influenced the premise I want to work with, but between it and Japan’s Visual-Kei Industry, I am striving to develop a hybrid media where I can share my works on an entirely different platform. Were it not for Korean dramas and other East Asian works that have taken many foreign audiences by storm, I wouldn’t be where I am today: developing a breed of media known as Visual-Literature. Korean dramas have introduced me to a world that is still shrouded in mystery when compared to the Western world. My ambition now is to shine light on Korean history. Knowing that there are millions of people around the world that have a passion for this history drives me forward; it has given me the strength to further understand and research these ancient societies so that I may do justice to their rich history."

Thanks for your time, 

Sam M.

Sam Mann
Writer
Illustrator
VisuaLiterature

ReplyQuote
Share: