Forum

Termination of the Kdrama Writing Contest 2017  

RSS

Admin
(@admin)
Admin Admin
October 22, 2017 6:48 am  

To: KWC Participants from June to October 2017

We regret to announce the sudden termination of our very first initiative, the Kdrama Writing Contest 2017, effective today, October 22, 2017. We have decided to stop the competition due to the insufficient number of valid entries exactly nine days from the submission deadline on October 31, 2017.

KWC was originally designed as a monthly initiative which kicked off in June. However, due to the lack of entries, the submission deadline for that month was extended until October in the hope of encouraging more Kdrama fans to participate. It seems like our promotional efforts for the competition did not work very well (or perhaps some just didn't really care), so things have turned out this way. We cannot award the main prizes when there is barely competition to consider at all. We have considered another extension but we are afraid that doing so would just undermine KDP's credibility, so we had no choice but to accept that our very first initiative has failed. Please bear with us.

To all those who participated, we thank you all for spending your precious time writing an entry for KWC. Please check your emails 48 hours after this announcement because we will send job offers to some of you who have written a good piece. This offer will give you the opportunity to write feature articles for KDP in exchange for some bucks. The starting rate, work schedule, and other relevant details will be given in the email.

ReplyQuote
Livethedream
(@livethedream)
Active Member Registered
October 22, 2017 12:50 pm  

Hi - all good. Hard to get out there to the wider world. Cheers and good luck, Carol

gdhunter liked
ReplyQuote
gdhunter
(@gdhunter)
Mr. Fanboysince2014 Admin
October 22, 2017 9:52 pm  

Hi Carol, thank you so much for understanding. Please check your email tomorrow 🙂

fanboysince2014

ReplyQuote
Kawaii_Candy
(@kdramalover)
Active Member Registered
October 24, 2017 11:38 am  

How disappointing that I have invited people to this page just to see that we all didn't make the cut...What stuck out to me is the part of this post that said "we will send job offers to some of you who have written a good piece." I would like to say to all the others who have spent their time writing when they could have worked or studied for school and did not make it like me, that you guys did awesome too. Everyone has written a good piece!

ReplyQuote
Kawaii_Candy
(@kdramalover)
Active Member Registered
October 24, 2017 12:43 pm  

Will there be any future opportunities to become a writer for Kdramapal? I truly wish to be a writer for KDP! It would be nice if people like me got to have other chances to be a part of the KDP writing crew...But thanks for the opportunity given from this contest! 

ReplyQuote
gdhunter
(@gdhunter)
October 24, 2017 1:04 pm  

Hi KDramaLover, first of all, please let me apologize for the sudden announcement. Honestly, If I were you, I would feel very disappointed too, to the point that I would hack this website if my abilities permit me. Again, "we cannot award the main prizes when there is barely competition to consider at all," so things have ended like this. 

Also, I sincerely apologize for the insensitive trash that is "some of you who have written a good piece." I am really really sorry if you feel offended by this. But please understand that we do NOT mean to say that you and the other participants did not write a "good" piece. Of course, everyone submitted a good entry. Our job offer selections have been made based on the article you submitted and our capacity to accommodate paid feature writers. Anyways, we will review again ALL the essays and see if we can still accept more writers. Please wait for the email within 24 hours after this announcement (every participant will receive an email).

Thank you so much for writing here on the Forums regarding your concern. Again, we apologize that our very first initiative has failed due to the lack of valid entries. We will always be grateful to all of you for spending your very precious time in giving life to KWC.

Please feel free to reply if you still have other concerns.

fanboysince2014

ReplyQuote
gdhunter
(@gdhunter)
October 24, 2017 1:17 pm  

"Will there be any future opportunities to become a writer for Kdramapal? I truly wish to be a writer for KDP! It would be nice if people like me got to have other chances to be a part of the KDP writing crew...But thanks for the opportunity given from this contest!"

KDramaLover! I just want you to know that YES, there will be future opportunities for you to write for KDP! In fact, WE WANT MORE WRITERS RIGHT NOW, especially someone like you who have expressed sincerely your intention to become a KDP writer. The problem is, we really can't hire everyone immediately due to our limited financial resources. So we are just waiting for volunteers to knock on our door. We will be sure to expand our team though but the hiring process will start this January 2018. About 2 months away 🙂 !

I'm just really happy to hear you saying: "I truly wish to be a writer for KDP!" Thank you!!!

fanboysince2014

ReplyQuote
Kawaii_Candy
(@kdramalover)
Active Member Registered
October 25, 2017 5:23 am  

gdhunter, sorry I didn't mean to sound offended. It's not "insensitive trash" and I'm not too disappointed about the announcement to "hack the website." I didn't enter my essay in to get the money(well a little bit haha) but mostly to become a writer on web that connects to what I love, Korean dramas. I totally understand about financial issues so it's understandable that the amazing writers would be chosen for the positions on KDP because I'm not that good of a writer myself to be chosen. Anyways, I hope for future opportunities to join KDP and please tell me whenever opportunities come up?

ReplyQuote
gdhunter
(@gdhunter)
October 25, 2017 5:32 am  

Noted, KDramaLover. Thank you SO much for showing your interest in writing for KDP.

fanboysince2014

ReplyQuote
Kawaii_Candy
(@kdramalover)
Active Member Registered
October 25, 2017 5:34 am  

I'm sorry if I sound bothersome to you by the way gdhunter. If there's no chances for me to be a writer, please inform me soon or I will have lots of hopes! I will accept the truth. 🙂

ReplyQuote
gdhunter
(@gdhunter)
October 25, 2017 5:52 am  

KDramaLover, no, you don't sound bothersome. In fact, I am so glad that you really want to write for KDP because we truly need more writers. Please check your email later. 🙂

fanboysince2014

ReplyQuote
Kawaii_Candy
(@kdramalover)
Active Member Registered
October 25, 2017 6:15 am  

Okay I did, I do have a question, it says I will be getting updates from this announcement. It is already the end of the writing contest so what will the updates be about?

ReplyQuote
gdhunter
(@gdhunter)
October 25, 2017 6:39 am  

Hi KDramaLover, what does the "it" refers to in "it says I will be getting updates from this announcement?" Anyways, we just sent our probably second to the last email to all KWC participants. Our next email to all of you will be sent this January.

fanboysince2014

ReplyQuote
Kawaii_Candy
(@kdramalover)
Active Member Registered
October 25, 2017 7:02 am  

"It" as in the email sent to subscribe but never mind about that and okay I got the email. Good luck reaching the goal of KDP becoming the leading source of Kdrama news/info 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Share: