Man Who Dies To Live centers around a father who goes to and settles down in a fictional kingdom of Bodantia in the Middle East. He finds success there and becomes a count, but he returns to South Korea to reconcile with his estranged daughter and son-in-law. His relationship with his daughter then undergoes change and he comes to realize the true meaning of family.
- Status: COMPLETED
- Drama Title: Man Who Dies To Live
- Other Titles: N/A
- Genre: Family
- Director: Ko Dong-sun
- Writer: Kim Sun-hee
- No. of Episodes: 24
- Broadcast Period: July 19 – August 24, 2017
- Time Slot: 22:00 Korean Standard Time, Wed & Thu
- Runtime: 35 minutes
- TV Network: MBC (free-to-air)
- Production Company(s): Doremi Entertainment
- Preceded by: Ruler: Master of the Mask
- Followed by: Hospital Ship
Main Cast & Characters
Choi Min-soo as Jang Dal-koo. He leaves Korea for Bodantia and amasses success there. Despite his achievement, he decides to return to his homeland to find his daughter.
Kang Ye-won as Lee Ji-young (A). She is Jang Dal-koo’s daughter who is taken aback upon seeing his father in front of her. She dreams of having a happy family and becoming a writer.
Shin Sung-rok as Kang Ho-rim. Kang Ho-rim is Lee Ji-young’s husband who is working as a bank clerk.
Lee So-yeon as Lee Ji Young (B), a career woman who does not care about what other people think of her.
Supporting Cast & Characters
(to be updated)
(to be updated)
News & Developments
- ‘Man Who Dies To Live’ beats ‘Manhole’ by 8 % point-gap in ratings
- “Man Who Dies To Live” tops content power index ranking