Criminal Minds revolves around a group of agents from the National Criminal Investigation (NCI) who use criminal profiling to track down criminals and solve crime cases. This group—composed of four ace crime profilers, one white hacker, and one media specialist—investigates violent criminals and examine evidence and events from the criminal’s point of view.
- Status: ONGOING
- Drama Title: Criminal Minds
- Other Titles: N/A
- Genre: Crime, Action, Thriller
- Director: Yang Yoon-ho, Lee Jung-hyo
- Writer: Hong Seung-hyun
- No. of Episodes: 20
- Broadcast Period: July 26 – September 28, 2017
- Time Slot: 22:50 Korean Standard Time, Wed & Thu
- Runtime: 60 minutes
- TV Network: tvN (cable)
- Production Company(s): Studio Dragon, Taewon Entertainment
- Preceded by: The 3rd Hospital
- Followed by: Wise Prison Life (pending confirmation)
- Other facts:
- This drama is a Korean remake of the hit American television series of the same name which has 12 seasons to date, the last one of which aired its finale on May 10, 2017.
- The production companies worked with the producer and distributor of the original show, ABC Studios and Disney Media Productions, to ensure that the essence of the original TV series is retained in the remake.
- It is the first Wed-Thu drama of tvN in five years, following The 3rd Hospital which aired in 2012.
Main Cast & Characters
Lee Joon-gi as Kim Hyun-joon, an ace NCI field agent who specializes in the criminal behavioral analysis. He has a tough and hot-blooded personality but is also a warm-hearted man. He graduated from an elite academy and worked as a police investigator until he was recruited to join the behavioral analysis unit in NCI.
Son Hyun-joo as Kang Ki-hyung, the head of the NCI behavioral analysis team who is considered as South Korea’s best profiler. He is a level-headed team leader who knows how to use reasoning, emotion, theory, and actual practice to catch criminals. A past case haunts him as he was not able to solve it properly and it resulted in many other deaths.
Moon Chae-won as Ha Seon-woo, a serious and cold female agent who reconstructs the crime scenes from the victim’s perspective. She is a fierce and sophisticated agent who will do whatever it takes, even in the most dangerous situations, to accomplish her job. Her father owns one of the leading law firms in Korea but she hides her background and works very hard as an NCI agent.
Yoo Sun as Na Na-hwang, the best agent in the team when it comes to information technology and computers. Finding information online is her specialty as someone skilled in computer network white hacking. She has a good sense of humor that gives life to her team and sometimes acts as a mother that takes care of her team members.
Lee Sun-bin as Yoo Min-young, the team’s media specialist who has a warm personality. As the mediator between the agents and the media, she has her friendly way of communicating with other people to get the message across. She was an athlete before she joined the NCI team.
Go Yoon as Lee Han, the youngest agent in the six-member behavioral analysis unit. He is a socially awkward but a genius behavioral analyst. He has an almost perfect visual memory that lets him remember information in perfect details. He has a rational way of thinking as an agent but sometimes acts an emotionally immature young man.
Supporting Cast & Characters
(to be updated)
Suggested Content: Korean Drama Rating from August 14 to 20, 2017. Read the highlights here.
- OST Part 1: Higher Plane by Flowsik
News & Developments
- “Criminal Minds” premieres with record-breaking ratings
- tvN to air Wednesday-Thursday drama anew with “Criminal Minds”
- Lee Joon-gi talks about role in “Criminal Minds”
- Lee Joon-gi, Moon Chae-won confirmed for Korean remake of “Criminal Minds”