A detective left his job to enter the National Assembly. Now a successful political aide to a high-profile lawmaker, he wants to achieve more and further climb the political ladder.
- Official Title: Chief of Staff
- Also Known As: Aide
- Genre: Political Drama
- Director: Kwak Jung-hwan
- Writer: Lee Dae-il
- No. of Episodes: 10
- Broadcast Period: June 14 to July 13, 2019
- Time Slot: Friday & Saturday @ 23:00 Korean Standard Time
- Running Time: 60 minutes
- TV Network: JTBC (cable)
- Production Company: Next Entertainment World
- Preceded by: Beautiful World
- Followed by: Be Melodramatic
Cast & Characters
Lee Jung-jae as Jang Tae-joon, a former detective who uses his excellent intuition in the National Assembly as a political aide to a congressman. As an ambitious man, he wants to advance his already successful political career.
Shin Min-ah as Kang Sun-young, a rookie lawmaker who worked before as a TV news program host. After being elected as a congresswoman, she becomes the representative of her political party to the National Assembly.
Lee Elijah as Yoon Hye-won, a highly capable aide who works in the same office as Jang Tae-joon. Passionate about her job, she worked hard to achieve her current status.
Kim Dong-jun as Han Do-kyung, an intern at the National Assembly. He looks timid but has a determined personality.
The following figures are nationwide TV ratings from Nielsen Korea.
- Episode 1 (June 14, 2019) — 4.375%
- Episode 2 (June 15, 2019) — 4.545%
- Episode 3 (June 21, 2019) — 4.436%
- Episode 4 (June 22, 2019) — 4.398%
- Episode 5 (June 28, 2019) — 4.012% (LOWEST)
- Episode 6 (June 29, 2019) — 4.039%
- Episode 7 (July 5, 2019) — 4.087%
- Episode 8 (July 6, 2019) — 4.974%
- Episode 9 (July 12, 2019) — 4.379%
- Episode 10 (July 13, 2019) — 5.314% (HIGHEST)
- Average — 4.456%
ONGOING KOREAN DRAMAS: Backstreet Rookie | Chip In | Flower of Evil | Graceful Friends | It’s Okay to Not Be Okay | Men Are Men | Memorials | Once Again | The Good Detective | Train | Was It Love