‘Are You Human Too’ OST composition contest announced

KBS has organized an OST composition contest for its upcoming drama You Are Human Too starring Seo Kang-joon and Gong Seung-yeon. The competition is open to everyone who can compose a love song that can be included in the soundtrack of the drama.

The contest, entitled “K-Drama OST Composition Competition Season 1,” is co-hosted by OU Entertainment and Grafolio Sound. OU Entertainment said that it is not a one-off event but instead consists of many seasons to give more opportunities to aspiring composers. The submission of entries for the first season will run from August 14 to September 19, 2017, while the public voting on entries will be conducted from August 14 until September 30, 2017. The winning composition will be selected as a theme song for the drama, will be sung by a famous Korean artist, and will be released on various music websites. The first prize winner will receive 2 million won (about $1,750) and will be mentored by famous Korean directors and composers in the process of producing the song. The top nine finalists, meanwhile, will also receive a cash prize of 500,000 won (approximately $430) each. The winners will be announced on October 13, 2017.

Are You Human Too OST composition contest details
Photo Credit: Grafolio

Every participant can submit up to three songs, each of which will be judged according to its suitability for the Are You Human Too OST, creativity, and quality of sound. The judges’ score will determine the first prize winner but for the finalists, it represents only 70% of the final score. The remaining 30 % comes from the votes given by Grafolio members. More information on the contest can be found here.

Are You Human Too is a romance drama that centers on a robot and his female bodyguard played by Seo Kang-joon (Entourage) and Gong Seung-yeon (Circle), respectively. The robot, called Nam Shin-III, is made to look exactly like third-generation chaebol Nam Shin who falls into a coma after an accident. Gong Seung-yeon’s character, Kang So-bong, is then hired as a bodyguard to protect Nam Shin’s robot replacement. The drama is written by Jo Jung-joo of The Princess’s Man and directed by PD Cha Young-hoon of Uncontrollably Fond. The production team is currently filming the drama which is set to broadcast in January 2018.

Source: 1

gdhunter

Me? Just an ordinary lad with an extraordinary (says this something called 'stereotype') habit of watching Korean dramas. It started with action-filled City Hunter and the rest, as they say, is history.