Mr. Sunshine and The Player made a record for themselves—with the former achieving the highest average rating among cable dramas and the latter securing the highest-rated premiere in OCN’s history. Lovely Horribly also made a record for itself, but it is something that would not boost the morale of the folks at KBS2.
Date Network Drama Episode No. (/total) Rating
Sep 30 KBS2 My Only One 11/100 25.5
Sep 30 KBS2 My Only One 12/100 29.3
Sep 30 OCN The Player 2/16 4.876
Sep 30 tvN Mr. Sunshine 24/24 18.129
Sep 29 JTBC The Third Charm 2/16 1.795
Sep 29 KBS2 My Only One 9/100 21.8
Sep 29 KBS2 My Only One 10/100 27.1
Sep 29 MBC Hide and Seek 17/40 5.5
Sep 29 MBC Hide and Seek 18/40 7.7
Sep 29 MBC Hide and Seek 19/40 6.6
Sep 29 MBC Hide and Seek 20/40 9.1
Sep 29 OCN The Player 1/16 4.474
Sep 29 SBS Let Me Introduce Her 37/40 8.0
Sep 29 SBS Let Me Introduce Her 38/40 9.6
Sep 29 SBS Let Me Introduce Her 39/40 10.4
Sep 29 SBS Let Me Introduce Her 40/40 12.7
Sep 29 tvN Mr. Sunshine 23/24 15.419
Sep 28 JTBC The Third Charm 1/16 1.804
Sep 27 KBS2 The Ghost Detective 13/32 2.6
Sep 27 KBS2 The Ghost Detective 14/32 2.6
Sep 27 MBC Terius Behind Me 1/32 6.3
Sep 27 MBC Terius Behind Me 2/32 7.2
Sep 27 MBC Terius Behind Me 3/32 6.1
Sep 27 MBC Terius Behind Me 4/32 6.1
Sep 27 OCN The Guest 6/16 2.960
Sep 27 SBS Heart Surgeons 1/40 6.9
Sep 27 SBS Heart Surgeons 2/40 7.5
Sep 27 SBS Heart Surgeons 3/40 6.2
Sep 27 SBS Heart Surgeons 4/40 6.5
Sep 26 OCN The Guest 5/16 2.899
Sep 25 KBS2 Lovely Horribly 27/32 2.0
Sep 25 KBS2 Lovely Horribly 28/32 3.2
Sep 25 tvN 100 Days My Prince 6/16 6.923
Sep 24 KBS2 Lovely Horribly 25/32 1.0
Sep 24 KBS2 Lovely Horribly 26/32 2.2
Sep 24 tvN 100 Days My Prince 5/16 4.362
Korean Drama Ratings: Highlights
1. Mr. Sunshine records highest average rating among all cable dramas. Kim Eun-sook’s drama ended on a high note by hitting 18 percent on its finale, achieving an average rating of 13.059 percent. This figure unseated Goblin (12.924 percent) and Reply 1988 (12.428 percent) from the top spot of massive averages. This drama just solidified writer Kim’s status as a star writer in the industry. With the success of the series, it is highly likely that she will collaborate again with Lee Eung-bok (for the 4th time) in order to produce a commercially successful and buzzworthy drama. Congrats to the production team!
2. The Player off to a good start with record-breaking viewership. OCN’s newest heist action drama has achieved something right off the bat, breaking the record of another drama to hold the title of having the highest-rated drama premiere in OCN’s history. The series started with 4.474 percent and went on to garner 4.876 percent in the next episode. If the luck stays until next week, perhaps the drama could break through the 5 % mark in its second week.
3. Heart Surgeons, Terius Behind Me neck and neck in ratings. The competition is tight, and although medical drama Heart Surgeon scored an average rating (6.8 percent, of first four episodes) that is higher than that (6.4 percent) of spy romcom Terius Behind Me, it is difficult to say which one is the clear winner. The numbers might change in the second week of broadcast, so until then the judgment can wait. However, the PD behind Heart Surgeons has an impressive record in Defendant—a thriller that knows how to attract more viewers for the next episodes—so it is not possible for the medical series to take the lead in the coming weeks.
4. The Third Charm records low ratings. JTBC’s newest Fri-Sat drama premiered last week with ratings below 2 percent. It premiered with 1.804 percent, but this number barely changed (1.795 percent) in the next episode, implying that the drama has failed to woo the viewers.
5. Lovely Horribly suffers from lowest viewership in three years. The Chuseok holiday has again caused some drastic changes in drama ratings, notably the drop in viewer rating of Lovely Horribly to 1.0 percent which is the lowest figure in free-to-air drama viewership since 2016, unseating Manhole: Feel So Good from the undesirable spot. The last two episodes recorded 2.0 and 3.2 percent, figures that are still low enough to boost the morale of the production team.
Advertisement: Submit a Kdrama review and get $10 as a gift!